Tuesday, July 2, 2013

22

Waiting On Wednesday #1: Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted on Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

It's technically 12:00AM Wednesday in Australia right now which means it's time for my first WoW meme :) The book I'm waiting on Wednesday this week is

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Release Date: 18/02/14
Author Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Publisher: Del Rey
Buy the Book: Amazon | The Book Depository
Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Description from Goodreads:
Darrow is a miner and a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he digs all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of the planet livable for future generations. Darrow has never seen the sky.

Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better future for his children.

But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow and Reds like him are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow joins a resistance group in order to infiltrate the ruling class and destroy society from within. He will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies... even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.

Excited

Words cannot describe how PUMPED UP I am for this book! February 18th 2014?! The wait is excruciating when there are so many 5 star ARC reviews popping up everywhere already. Don't believe me? Check out these awesome reviews and I dare you to tell me that you aren't excited for this book too after reading them!

*awkward silence*

Heh, thought so.

Add this to your to-read lists as Red Rising is THE dystopian book to look out for next year. I'm in love with the blurb and the cover also looks pretty damn epic. As further evidence of my anticipation, I've even pre-ordered the hardcover version (for those who don't know me, I RARELY buy hardcovers since I'm too stingy and 95% of titles printed in Australia are only in paperback form anyway).

230 days left until the release date? Yeah, it's not like I'm anxiously waiting or anything...

obsessively waiting

22 comments:

Matthew Dollars said...[Reply]

I am SO PUMPED for this epic dystopian novel. 18/02/14 couldn't come fast enough...

Also absolutely LOVE your blog, very cool theme and amazing design :)

Matthew Dollars said...[Reply]

I am SO PUMPED for this epic dystopian novel. 18/02/14 couldn't come fast enough...

Also absolutely LOVE your blog, very cool theme and amazing design :)

letoile19 said...[Reply]

Awww thanks :)

Caro said...[Reply]

This really sounds like an awesome distopian. I hope you enjoy! My WoW

letoile19 said...[Reply]

It definitely is! I hope so, can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Kristin A. said...[Reply]

This sounds awesome!! I'm so happy I stopped by for a looksie or it might have been months before hearing about this release.

My WoW

letoile19 said...[Reply]

Yay, I'm glad it has caught your attention :) It's a pity about the 7 month wait, I just want it NOW!

Shane said...[Reply]

Great pick. Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :)

new follower via bloglovin & twitter

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54-avalon-15.html

letoile19 said...[Reply]

Thanks! To say that I'm excited for it is an understatement, hope you'll enjoy it too :)

Annie said...[Reply]

Sounds interesting, I wonder how he's going to join the ruling class - if he suckers some girl into marrying him that would SUCK. Hmm... shall have to read those reviews. Cool pick! I haven't heard of this title before.

letoile19 said...[Reply]

Interesting theory, never actually thought of that haha! Ah yes, I deeply respect those two reviewers and they definitely don't give out 5 star reviews easily. I'm glad that this book has come under your radar then even though its release date is 7 months away :(

Annie said...[Reply]

Hmm, just read one of the review. Didn't learn much about the book itself, just that it sent the reviewer into spasms of ecstasy (I'm paraphrasing). Sounds like a scary book! lol

letoile19 said...[Reply]

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a gritty dystopian novel that is pretty hardcore and intense!

Monique LeBlanc said...[Reply]

Sound like a fantastic dystopian read and something I would definitely like. Thanks for sharing :-) here's my WoW pick this week:
http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-9-resist-by-sarah.html

Michelle Santiago said...[Reply]

it does sound awesome! i'm currently experiencing a dystopian hang over but it doesn't come out til 2014 so i'll definitely keep this one in mind.

our WoW pick

-michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

Olena Protsiv said...[Reply]

Oh this one looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing.

my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

letoile19 said...[Reply]

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy it tơ :)

letoile19 said...[Reply]

I agree that there is a massive influx of dystopian novels in the last few years thanks to the Hunger Games, so the market is saturated with them! However I'm sure Red Rising is definitely worth reading haha, thanks for stopping by! :)

Krystianna said...[Reply]

This one sounds so good! I'm definitely going to have to check it out. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention, it's definitely at the top of my to buy pile now. :D
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

letoile19 said...[Reply]

OMG I'm sure you'll love it, it's even perfect for your blog as well! Yay, I'm glad I helped bring it to your attention then :)

Joy said...[Reply]

Wow, this looks amazing! I can't believe I've never come across this yet! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely adding it to my Goodreads asap!

Estelle said...[Reply]

It's definitely awesome! Its release date is Feb next year so I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it yet :) Hope you enjoy it!

Post a Comment

 

Header Graphic by Inside the Kaleidoscope