Friday, August 9, 2013

4

Review: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

Release Date: 15/08/13
Author Info: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Publisher: Dial
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher via Edelweiss
Buy the Book: Amazon | The Book Depository
My Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Description from Goodreads:
You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

Quite frankly, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke gave me ALL the feels. There’s no other way to describe its highly addictive quality that makes me want to drop everything I’m doing and submerse myself into this breathtaking world. With an alluring blend of horror and romance, this is a perfect book to read while curled on a comfy couch on a rainy, Australian winter night. Personally I always had a soft spot for all things Gothic, so I found this story to be enjoyable on most part. If I still haven’t convinced you to read this book yet, well then… just look at that gorgeous cover. Enough said!

The rest of this review can be read over at Book Brobe.


An electronic advance reading copy was provided by the publisher. This did not influence my opinion in any way.

4 comments:

Charlene Cruz said...[Reply]

Ahh I so want to read this book! It looks amazing! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Estelle said...[Reply]

This book was quite entertaining and I'm really looking forward to the sequel! Thanks for commenting and I hope you'll enjoy it too :)

Francoise said...[Reply]

Ooh you've done quite a lot of posts today. I've only seen one other review for this book and they're both positive. I think the one thing that draws me to it is the title. It so simplistic but interesting. I reckon it's just the word Devil that peeks my curiosity. Nice mini review

Estelle said...[Reply]

Thanks for dropping by! Yeah the book definitely has a nice catchy title which peaked my interest prior to reading it.



I had actually written a full review of it on the Book Brobe blog as a guest post, here's the link if you want to read it :)
http://bookprobereviews.com/review-between-devil-deep-blue-sea/

Post a Comment

 

Header Graphic by Inside the Kaleidoscope